We’ve seen many social platforms like MySpace and Vine, come and go, but we know that social media is here to stay, no matter what platform users are on. How users engage with Brands on social media seems to change daily. Here are some best practices to keep users engaged on your official Brand pages today.
When executing on social media from a brand perspective it’s important to remember this simple rule – you are talking to humans, and hopefully they will talk back. Think of your Brand page as a human, people expect real human interaction even on social media.
Here are some great ways to do that:
- Respond within the hour. The quicker you respond, the more likely you are to keep that conversation going and continue building a relationship with that user.
- Leverage unique, relevant video content. Video is the number one consumed media on social media right now and you need to be taking advantage before it changes again.
- Schedule it. Build out your content calendar for the week or month. This way you will have more time to communicate one-to-one with your fans and keep them engaged.
- Partner up! This is a hugely successful way to gain more fans and encourage engagement online. Work with a partner who can offer a prize or experience for your fans that is aligned with your brand message.
- One thing that might never change… measure! Always be measuring. Unlike a carpenter who measures twice and cuts once, social media managers must constantly be measuring and cutting (know what doesn’t work and cut it out!)
Of course, there are many more ways to encourage engagement online. If I could only pick 5, these would be them.
More social media tips shared… you guessed it – on social media.